The Comfort Trap
This has also been described as “the Rut”, which is a grave with two exits. It is a comfortable place, with a simple routine or activity. You are limited to what you know, you crave security, fear the unknown, as well as failure and rejection. There’s a price to be paid for inaction, but it needn’t be like this.
- If your present path (career, possessions, relationships &c) causes you pain, then you are on the wrong path.
- Is there passion in your life? Tostoy said “Boredom is the desire for desire!”
- Do you think “What should I do next?,” “Is now the time to do something?”
- The Conundrum: Should you move on or try harder?
- Anxiety is like an invisible electric fence, it stops you moving forward.
- Fear makes us passive, activity makes us strong. But avoidance holds us back.
- The decision to do nothing is still taking a chance, a chance that things will not take a turn for the worse.
- Are you surviving your life rather than savouring it?
Do something about the change you want!